Saturday, November 20, 2010

Updates

Hello folks! It has been quite a ride since my last blog post. Several updates to share.

1. Contrary to what I wrote in my most recent post, it turns out that John and I did not actually wind up with second place at the New Orleans CitySolve race. Kip has a lot of details in his race report, and the Epilogues are relevant to our final standings:

http://www.kipley.com/uc/csur2010neworleans.html

2. Moving on, no time to dwell on that with many important things going on. The following weekend we traveled to Las Vegas for the Great Urban Race championships. Lots of fun! This will be my next blog post, I promise photos and details. For now, Kip's report should tide anyone over who hasn't read it yet:

http://www.kipley.com/uc/gur2010vegas.html

(Thank you Kip, for keeping up with the race reports while I have been slacking!)

3. Moving on again, this time to Albany, NY. No race here! Just a new job, new apartment, new (to me) car, and finding new places to run. Our first week here was go-go-go, but I figure we train for this kind of thing :) John returned to Texas and things calmed down, although it is absolutely certain that the one didn't cause the other. I couldn't have done it without him. Miss you John!

4. Found a great park to run in today - Thacher State Park not far from Albany. Pretty trees, trails, creeks, waterfalls, overlooks, and cliffs, very nice. Should have taken the camera if I had only known what I would find.

So that's what's going on in my world this month. If anyone wants to come explore NYC or Boston with me, I'm ready :) Although it might be more fun in the spring when it's warmer... that works for me too!

1 comment:

CitySolve Urban Race said...

I hope you're settling in nicely in Upstate NY and hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Jason