Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Audible listening

Here's a random post with some books I've been listening to lately and really like - they make the miles go by quickly:

"Folks, This Ain't Normal" by Joel Salatin
"The Will to Climb" by Ed Viesturs
"Last Flag Down" by John Baldwin and Ron Powers
"Bossypants" by Tina Fey
"At Home" by Bill Bryson
"Stories I Only Tell My Friends" by Rob Lowe
"There's Nothing in This Book That I Meant to Say" by Paula Poundstone
"Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls
"Packing for Mars" by Mary Roach
"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

And it has been a while since I heard these but I can't help mentioning them:

"The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein
"Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman!" by Richard P. Feynman
"In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan
"I'm Hosting as Fast as I Can!" by Tom Bergeron
"Williwaw!" by Tom Bodett
"The Memory of Running" by Ron McLarty (who is also an excellent audiobook reader)
"Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris (heard while living in France - priceless!)

No comments: