Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Google-ing around

Time to get (more) serious about Barkley training!  After some brainstorming about where I could go for a few days, I came up with a location that has mountains but doesn't have snow, and I decided to visit my brother.  Kip now works at Google in Mountain View, and he was more than happy to host a Barker-in-training.

Plus he showed me around the Google campus; I was excited to see it.

Google kiosk to sign me in:


Lots of "green" initiatives at Google, awesome.  Solar panels, recycling everywhere, electric cars, free bikes for employees to ride around.


Go Google!


And awesome breakfasts!


A great way to start a day:


Solar shaded parking lot:


Kip put together an adventure race workout that I got to try out.  It was a great way to get to know the area in a couple hours.  And re-learn how to kick bike!


One of the things I saw while kick biking - isn't it cute?


TA bench:


A trekking section:


Running around the bike paths:


Time for a nice ride!


Google desserts:


Hello Mr Android:


Noogler statue:


There was a lot more, but I don't want to give too much away so you'll just have to visit and try out the workout yourself  :)

Thanks Kip, that was great fun!

No comments: