Saturday, October 18, 2008

Via ferrata, baby!

We rented via ferrata gear in Bourg St Maurice, read a via ferrata guidebook in the local tourist office, and headed up to Val d’Isere to explore some rock faces. I started with the easier end of one long route.

I had fun snapping a couple shots of John following me up the rock. I use the rungs, and occasionally the cables, while John tries to climb using only the rocks:


The Val d’Isere ski area in the background:

We thought this one might be captioned “John peeing from a plank” but it turns out it actually came out as “John contemplating the world’s shortest bungee jump”:

When we found the harder portion of the route, I grabbed the nearest bailout, while John continued on. He reported that it was “AWESOME!” and that I really would not have enjoyed it:




That’s my mountain goat!

No comments: