Monday, January 24, 2011

XC ski day at Pineridge

It was cold last weekend - almost as cold as it was today, and today was absolutely frigid, like a below-zero start to the morning. At least there wasn't much wind for my snowshoe jaunt at Thacher SP on Saturday, but I was kicking up so much snow that I had to put my camera in a bag and then it was too cold to get it out. And that was the same scenery you've already seen anyway.

But on Sunday I managed a cross-country ski rental and a drive up to Pineridge XC ski area! The trails were great, weaving all around and up and down the woods. I hadn't forgotten that I love to XC ski, I just didn't remember how much. Love it!!

A winter wonderland:


My trusty little rentals:


Not sure why I bothered with the sunglasses:


The positive side of the ice storm from a week or so ago:


Pretty patterns on all the branches:


I can never resist a sign such as this:


However, east coast summits don't always have the same great views as in the west:


The sun even came out at the end!


Too much fun :)

No comments: