Thursday, July 1, 2010

HRH course marking - day 2

Day 2 of Hardrock course marking, more fun, with a touch of excitement. We rode our bikes to the Ice Lake trailhead and climbed ahead of the crew - who was moving really well today too.

John could NOT resist this:


More my speed:


The trail up toward Grant-Swamp Pass:


I LOVE Island Lake (someday we might even go down there for a lunch break):


Scree fields are lower on the "love" scale for me:


Contemplating Oscar's Pass across the way:


Here it is:


John decided this would be a great place for lunch. I just wish he hadn't taken my lunch along with him...


Getting some practice on the scree field (argh):


It's never pretty when it comes to scree and me:


But I'll (usually) get there:


More of the crew coming down:


Back on "solid" ground:


And now for my next trick - getting back up:


Phew.


When you find a solid rock on a screen field, that's usually a great time to take a break:


There must be a better way:


Back down the way we came (to get our bikes):


Ice Lake valley - another place we should visit sometime:


Looks like my internet connection just might allow a second post today or maybe more - I'll keep going as long as it lets me!

No comments: