Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Grand times

We spent some time in Grand Lake over the summer and enjoyed the heck out of the area.  So many places to explore!  John did some construction work and I set out to see as many trails as I could cover.  It was a solid choice as a UTMB training ground.

We even got to visit with Leslie and Noel, an excellent bonus.  Leslie and I, plus her dog Beckett, went on a run up to Crater Lake.  This was the only outing where I took many pictures.  We moved more quickly than in my normal training runs, so I probably wanted an excuse for a brief rest now and then... I'll be right there, Leslie!


I really enjoy running along a fast-moving creek.  Very different from my Arizona experiences.


Lovely waterfalls:


Beckett having a wade in Mirror Lake:


Just beyond, at Crater Lake and the end of the trail:


Beckett and the columbines:


More waterfalls:


Running back to the trailhead - many thanks for an excellent workout and great company, Leslie!


My only other photos from the area, when I climbed the North Inlet trail to Nokoni and Nanita Lakes:


Almost made it through a blog post without a picture of me:


And to close this out, something different...Two electric trucks at a Colorado charging station!  Our Rivian looks a bit small next to the Ford Lightning:


Thank you for a fun summer, Colorado!

No comments: